Friday, October 17, 2014

Gulab Jamun/ cottage cheese nd milk fudge balls dipped in sugar saffronsyrup

Gulab Jamun/ cottage cheese nd milk fudge balls dipped in sugar saffron syrup.





Gone weekend we celebrated Karvachauth a festival dedicated to husband and wife. This festival is celebrated in almost all the parts of India, through tradition might differ.
A For me Karvachauth mean fasting during the day, yes my hubby also fats along to give me company..:D, followed by partings in afternoon that dinner after seeing the moon.

Festival with my family means good food and even better sweets. When I asked hubby dear what shall I make for him today I requested for these Gulab Jamun and that so with traditional way with no short cuts. So, his wish was my command. I made them and pictured them with 7 most important things for indian married women called Suhagi. Which includes 7 most imp. Things as part of a female's make up this includes ( a mangalsutra : necklace:, Payal : anklet : , sindoor : red powder we put on forehead: , mehendi :heena:, foot rings, bindi : forehead sticker:, choodiyan : bangles:

And,  I am taking these yummy I Dian Dessert to Angie' Fiesta Friday Co Hosted by dear Sue and Sussane
Happy FF ladies.. :-) <3

I Am sharing my Gulab Jamun recipe with no shortcuts.

Ingredients
- 250 gram khova/ am a/ milk fudge
- 100 grams paneer/ cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plain flour/Maida
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- few saffron strands
- oil for frying

Process
- take a pan add sugar and water syrup, bring it to boil. Add saffron strands and cook till single thread consistency.
- in a bowl take mawa, paneer and Maida together. And with back of your palm knead it nicely for 2-3 minutes it forms a nice soft dough.
- once done take spoonful of the mixture and shape them in round balls with no cracks.
- once all the balls are prepare, heat the oil on medium flame.
- fee all the balls till gold brown on medium heat.
- once done take them out on paper towel.
- dip these balls in prepared sugar balls for approx. 40 - 50 minutes so the sugar syrup reaches till the core.

Your yummy GJs as I call them are ready with not much efforts. You can serve them cold or war, as you wish...
You can serve them :)








No comments:

Post a Comment