Friday, October 10, 2014

Angoori Ras Malai

Angoori Ras Malai

I am taking my celebration sweet to Angie's a Fiesta Friday co hosted by lovely Juliana and Hilda :) :)


Today I am posting my 50th post to my littlest baby ,my blog ,my dream. Journey till so far has been very nice, lot of friends that have always encouraging, lot of good readers and their kind words, fellow bloggers who has been adorable and last but not the least my family,  my husband my little champ.

I wanted to celebrate this special day with something sweet. Have done lots of cakes and other desserts off late. As the name of my blog depicts "royal food" , thought of doing something traditional and royal for this golden jubilee post.

What better than Angoori Rasmali. These are basically fresh cottage cheese balls dipped in flavoured milk. So, this is one of those very few Indian sweets that does not requires any frying, butter or ghee...:D

I am sharing my hipness with you all with not only this post but I am on to share the ras malais too...:)

For basic cottage balls you can refer to my post of Kesar Rasgullas Click Here

Just few changes
1. Do not add any saffron/ food colour while kneading
2. Make very small balls, as they will rise during cooking process
3. Cook in light sugar syrup, I cooked paneer/ cottage cheese balls ( exactly 48 in numbers made from2 litres of milk) in approx 3.5 litre:1.5 cups of water sugar syrup.

For Ras/ flavoured Milk

Ingredients
1. Full Fat milk 1 litre 
2. 1/4 cup sweet ended condensed milk
3. Few saffron strands
4. 1/2 cup regular white sugar
5. 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
6. Pistachio flakes for garnishing
7. Some saffron strands for garnishing

Process
1. Boil milk
2. Add condensed milk and sugar and on low flame cook the milk till it thickens up.
3. In between keep stirring the bilk to avoid burning
4. Once the milk is left to 3/4th of the actual quantity, switch off the flame.
5. Add cardamom powder and saffron strands
6. Let this mixture cool and comes to room temperature
7. Once done, add the paneer balls ( make sure paneer balls are also at room temperature)
8. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
9. Garnish with saffron strands and pistachio flakes

You Angoori Rasmalai is ready to indulge in...:) <3










No comments:

Post a Comment